Is it worth it to get the EOS R?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheTrueBigDaddy New Member • Posts: 9
Is it worth it to get the EOS R?

I have been looking into upgrading from my 6D and am wondering how the EOS R holds up in 2021. I'd love the R5 but its way too expensive for me right now, and the R6 doesn't really appeal to me, 20mp isn't really enough as it limits my ability to print. I can probably count one one hand how many times I've used the video feature on my 6D or M5 so the R's video limitations don't really matter to me. Is it worth picking up an R in the near future or do you think Canon will be releasing something this year that might be more suitable?

I asked in the camera/system buying advise forum because I have also considered switching systems, but that wasn't very helpful as people kept suggesting Sony even though I said their cameras didn't appeal to me (I hate the ergonomics and menu system). And someone even said the R didn't offer anything better than my 6D besides resolution, he obviously has never had to use the 6D's autofocus system.

Thanks in advance for the input!

TheTrueBigDaddy's gear list:TheTrueBigDaddy's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow