S5 - so far

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,016
S5 - so far

I've got way too much time on my hands.  Week off and good Wx.  I go out every night and shoot.  Sure beats sitting in front of screen eating, ha ha.  We've had an international bicycle race in UAE all week, which i follow avidly.

The S5 is my perfect camera - my 7th FF digital.  I would not opt for the larger S1/R.  The evf is fine (&i am partial to a good evf!)  The Hi-rez seems to give me all the detail+ i want.

I am pleased w/ lenses.  20-60 for travel.  35f2 for pure joy.  100-400 makes me recoil at how cheaply built was my m4/3 100-300 (though pretty good:-).

Canon lenses adapt nicely via MC-21!

Samyang 12f2.8 FE is quite nice & inexpensive.

I bought a canon-mount Tamron 35f1.4, because Roger C said it's the sharpest 35 he's tested.  It is a monster.  But truth be told, I'm having trouble seeing how its better than the 35f2.  (reminds me of when i bought the Sigma 35, the 1st Art lens, and it never did much for me)

I've got to say (again!) that the way Panasonic does night colors, under mixed artificial lights, SooC - is by far the best [compared to Olympus and Z5!]

I am a big Lumix fan, and love everything about their QA, UI, ergo, and even industrial aesthetic.  I'm grateful for they way they are "staying the course", but even if they go the way of Samsung, I will enjoy this camera for many a year.

Awaiting the native 85f1.8.  Tempted by the Sig 28-70f2.8 DG DN

[but I wouldn't hesitate to travel w/ GX9 and 14-140.  Maybe pickup the tiny new Laowa 10f2 for wide?  And I still have the nifty 15 & 20 (-;]

Let's hope the world opens up for travel by the end of the year.

Blessings to all

Rich

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow