weird thing happened with my r5 today.. dual cards didn't write and hif..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User5942872967 Regular Member • Posts: 324
weird thing happened with my r5 today.. dual cards didn't write and hif..

so i'm shooting a kids basketball game.  i just installed a new 256gb cf card in there.  i had the camera to a parent who is an eos r user.

i get the camera home and i noticed that some pictures went to the sd card and some went to the cf express.  i just got my camera back.  before i remember images went to both.

i also thought it was weird that 34 pics he took went to HIF.  someone check me here and tell me is that even possible if u have both cards installed that it wouldn't write to both cards?  i digging through settings and i don't see where write both card settings is.

also check me and let me know is it possible to have one card get HIF and the other card get jpg?  i know u can send raw to one card and jpg to the other.

please lets not debate raw blah blah.  i didn't think it is possible to send hif to cf express and jpg to sd.

i really had high hopes for hif.  but since i didn't have a cf express reader, i had to use the canon utility to transfer the pictures to my pc. very cumbersome.  then use the eos utility to convert all the images back to jpg.

Thanks!!!

User5942872967's gear list:User5942872967's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EOS R5 GoPro Hero (2018) Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +21 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow