z 7ii/Snapbridge Location Data

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Russ G
Russ G Regular Member • Posts: 266
z 7ii/Snapbridge Location Data

I have my z 7ii paired to my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone, running Android 11, specifically for the purpose of geotagging my photos on the fly. The phone and camera are communicating, but the location data is not being updating as I move. Looking at the location data embedded into the raw files from a recent shoot, all the files have location data, but they all have the same location data, as if I had never moved. The location data in the photos likely represents the location where I made the Bluetooth connection at the beginning of the shoot. It seems like if I take a photo, move a hundred yards and take another photo, those two photos should have unique location data. I mean, that's the whole point of the feature, isn't it? I have the location data accuracy setting in the SnapBridge app set to high, which theoretically updates the location data more often that the lower settings. Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --
 Russ G's gear list:Russ G's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow