forgot to look at the small details

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
peabrain Regular Member • Posts: 135
forgot to look at the small details

this morning i went on ebay to guy a Z7 which at the start looked like an ok deal.
the tittle said shutter count 35 and had a picture of it., but the file name for hte shutter cound was DSC_821. wich would tell me it is at minimum 8211 for the shutter count right?
Note also i memory serves nikon only count to 9999 and the restart from 0, so in reality it could have X8211 as the shutter count or the body was "hacked".
contacting the seller he claims that the shutter count is correct and took an extra shot, in the new picture i notice his desctop image stating the picture is from 2018 and he is using software wich can alter the data at will.

I will confess i did mess up in this case and did not notice the little things, i hope some one will learn from my blunder and take a few extra breaths before purchase.
ps am opening a case with ebay to get a refund because of the describtion issue etc

peabrain's gear list:peabrain's gear list
Nikon Z50 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow