Pink Rocks

Started Feb 24, 2021 | Discussions thread
OP Merts Forum Member • Posts: 92
Re: Pink Rocks

Rod McD wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Great images. I love No 2. The contrast between the sharp geometric rocks and the sea just stands out so well. Where are they?

May I ask how you set the exposure please? Just guessing...... I'm thinking you compose before you put the 10 stop ND filter on and set the lens to the aperture for the required DOF..... Then, do you let the camera auto-expose in AE with the filter on? Or do you set the exposure without the filter in manual, put the filter on and then set the SS ten stops down according to the value of the filter? Some other process?

Many thanks, Rod

Thanks Rod;

You mean where this photos taken ? This place called Pembe Kayalar (Means Pink Rocks) This is a old Ottoman marble quarry 160km (about 100 miles) north east of Istanbul / Blacksea Turkey.

Yes I compose the shot before I put the 10 stop filter .XT-4 manual mode and manually focusing (Checking the focus area/using the focus peak) min iso , around F8 to 11 aperture, (and I nearly always shot for the higlights .)After that taking a test shot , and putting the 10 stop ND filter and adjusting the shutter speed (You can use live view or a use a smartphone sw ) and taking the shot via timer or remote trigger.

LEE Filters - Stopper Exposur‪e. is a excellent and free sw or iOS.

-- hide signature --

Fuji&Nikon&Mac

Merts's gear list:Merts's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow