Nikon 16-80 f/2.8-4 - loose/wobbling lens barrel

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nkJensen New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon 16-80 f/2.8-4 - loose/wobbling lens barrel

I recently purchased a Nikon 16-80 f/2.8-4 for my D7500. Been shooting for a couple of days with good results - so far so good. Lately I have noticed that the inner lens barrel (the one with the front element) wobbles/moves ever so slightly - especially when zoomed to 80mm. The wobbling is relatively mild, but enough to be visible through the viewfinder, if I add a little pressure to the side of the lens barrel or lens hood.

Any owners of this lens who have similar experience with the lens. Do you think it is normal “behavior” for the lens or did I just get a dud?

The optical quality from the lens seems fine (I’m not blown away), but I find it hard to believe, that a precision instrument - as a camera lens is - should be designed with such wide tolerances. I’m therefore concerned, if I’m missing out on anything with this copy of the lens.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow