XT30 Video - No Custom Settings (Q menu)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SeeNoSun
SeeNoSun New Member • Posts: 12
XT30 Video - No Custom Settings (Q menu)

I have a new X-T30 that I use mostly for video. I am coming from an XE3 which I use mostly for stills. I have set up several custom profiles and assigned to C1 - C7 on my XT30 that are accessible when I press the Q Menus button if I am in a stills shooting mode. However, when I press Q menu in movie mode it will only default to a "C# Base" that is whatever I have set up in the Movie Menu (and My Menu) but will not allow me to access any of the other custom settings.

My XE3 would not allow me to access other custom profiles through the Q menu when in movie mode but there was a work around. If I was in a Q menu profile (ie... C1) and I wanted to switch to another (ie... C3) I could change into a stills mode, then hit the Q menu and change to C3 and the return to movie mode and the C3 profile was loaded and ready to go for video. This work around does not seem to work on the X-T30.

I have two profiles that I use on a regular basis when shooting video on my X-T30. One is in Eterna and the other Classic Chrome. Each has different Highlight, Shadow, Color and NR settings. When I switch back and forth between these profiles the quickest method I have found is to use the My Menu function to access and manually change these items or I can access the Q menu and manually change them in the  "C# Base"  profile (which is pretty much the same as accessing the My Menu function.

I was hoping to set up custom profiles for these two video settings and access them through the Quick menu.  Is this an issue with my camera or am I missing something? Does anyone know a work around solution for this?

I am stumped...

Thanks for any help!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow