RX10IV: CLA Recommendations (UK)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
JCNewman New Member • Posts: 16
RX10IV: CLA Recommendations (UK)

Now that here in the UK there are some tentative dates for things to get back to normal, I'm looking forward to an intense Summer of photography. In readiness, my RX10IV could probably do with a CLA. It's 3 years old, and has had very little use over the last 12 months. Last year it developed a sticky zoom lever/shutter button problem, which the hairdryer treatment didn't fix. I was able to sort it by running a drop or 2 of IPA (not the beer!) into the cable release hole (with the battery removed), then move the zoom lever back and forth a few times, before leaving the camera upside down overnight. After 2 or 3 times doing this, all is working again, but I suspect that there is still some gunk in the innards, and I don't fancy getting stuck with the problem again in the middle of a day out.

I haven't had a camera serviced since my film ones years ago, so wondered if anybody had any recommendations? For starters, I found this place:

https://1staidrepairs.co.uk/sony-camera-repairs

Might anyone here have used them in the past, and are they are any good? Also, I wondered what kind of price I could expect to pay, if anyone has any recent experience?

My RX100VI could probably do with a service at the same time, so if somewhere can do both, even even betterĀ 

Many thanks, in advance

JCNewman's gear list:JCNewman's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow