Grand Canyon- Proper Sunset exposure with Graduated ND Filter

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
AZheaven Senior Member • Posts: 1,770
Re: Grand Canyon- Proper Sunset exposure with Graduated ND Filter

And make sure you are dressed for the weather. Grand Canyon sits at 7,000 feet avg. It will get cold fast as the sun sets, especially if there is wind. Which is notorious in AZ at this time of year.

Also, a friend was there in Oct. 2020. A Ranger and researching by me and on the net said the best place for sunsets was Hopi Point. To access this point you would have to drive Hermits Rest Rd. or take a bus. Not sure how long buses are running with Covid. I reccommend exploring this side of the Canyon anyway during your trip. The wife and I love Powell Point!

And also, unless something has changed since Oct. you have to wait in line to get into El Tovar to eat. Which I believe is the only restaurant open at this time. And they are only allowing so many in to sit at a time.

And the only entrance open is the South Rim entrance off of Hwy. 64 on the Williams side. The East entrance, Desert View entrance is closed because it borders the Navajo Reservation which is still shut down. Masks are required in the park.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow