Sony A9 & Godox AD200 remote flash - Good Enough for fast action?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Viktorfotomaker New Member • Posts: 2
Sony A9 & Godox AD200 remote flash - Good Enough for fast action?

Hi. I have been shooting pocket wizard remotes and canon flashes for many years (shooting action sports). I switched to the Sony A9 and A6500 a few years ago and have continued using the pocket wiz & Canon flashes - they still work OK in manual mode. I generally shoot short burst of 3 frames at 10fps (At very low flash power, not HSS) . But for fast moving action I find the viewfinder blackout on the A9 is too slow to keep the subject in frame. It's much better with the A6500. (Both are slower than my old flappy mirror Canon) I have tried all the various combos of e-shutter, silent-shooting, manual focus, etc.

I’m looking at getting the Godox Ad200 and XPro trigger (my flashes need an upgrade anyway). I'd love to hear from somebody who has used a Sony A9 (or A7) with flash in fast sequences like this? Is the viewfinder blackout acceptable for following a moving subjects?

Edit: It may be exactly the same as using the pocket wiz/canon flash setup. But I suspect that the Sony cameras change continuous drive behaviour depending on what flash is attached.

I know its a very niche question!

thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow