Another R5 vs R6 question

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Betonist New Member • Posts: 2
Another R5 vs R6 question

I am planning an upgrade from a 12-year-old 5d2 to either an R5 or an R6, and can't decide on which one might work best for my needs. I'm basing the decision on what I would be happiest with over another 12 years, rather than cost. I'm currently not so happy with the 5D2 re: its low light performance.

Generally, I shoot everything in raw and adjust in DXO Photolab after. All exposures are manual, but I do use autofocus. I only ever use whatever light is available in the moment. I also have a bad habit of dropping my 5d2 0.5-1m onto concrete about once every 2 years with no obvious effects (yet).

About 75% of what I shoot consists of Modern architecture, factories, and transportation infrastructure. Almost everything needs perspective adjustment to some degree in Photolab. While I'm hoping that some of my work may be of use as a record of otherwise forgotten buildings, I haven't printed much yet. I'm often looking for maximal dynamic range, so as to (ideally) get both good detail in shadows and a non-blown-out sky.

The other 25% is split between event photography at academic meetings and still and on-set photography during locally-produced movie shoots. For these, I need to get clean shots at some of the higher ISOs to avoid motion blur. A silent electronic shutter that works well on people who aren't moving too much would be useful.

I am also looking for the camera that would produce good results when taking street shots in urban settings at night, and one that could play nicely with various older MF lenses that I have around.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow