Joining the mirrorless crowd - advice, tips, etc.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Hohne Regular Member • Posts: 386
Joining the mirrorless crowd - advice, tips, etc.

I have been shooting Canon cameras since my Elan back in the film days.  I have had several Canon DSLRs and was wanting to upgrade - wanting, not needing to.  I have an original Digital Rebel, a 30D, an SL1, an 80D, and a 6D.  With all the mirrorless talk going on, I decided to jump on the mirrorless bandwagon and purchased an EOS RP.  I bought an RF 50 1.8 because the RF adapter wasn't available - I'm on the list - and I wanted to be able to use it now.

I had to upgrade the firmware as it said my 50 1.8 wasn't supported and now everything works great.

No real test shots yet - just stuff around the house to get the feel of it.  But so far I like it.  I particularly like the touch focus feature.  I will post some real shots when I can get out for a real test.

One question - the EVF seems much brighter than the view using the back screen.  Is this normal or is there a setting to get the EVF to show more real-world results?

Any other tips, tricks, suggestions, etc. are also appreciated.

Mirrorless is a new world to me and I'm eager to learn the next phase in cameras.  I will still use my DSLR's, but it's nice to dip a toe in the mirrorless waters.

Chris

Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow