Good bye M6, hello M6II --- wait! Exposure comp? Aaaaarrrrgh?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sheldon Bowles Senior Member • Posts: 1,075
Good bye M6, hello M6II --- wait! Exposure comp? Aaaaarrrrgh?

I bought my first M camera the week they came out, then the M3, then the M6 and I'd buy the M6II in a heart beat --- except I love the exposure comp dial on the top.  It is so easy to use I find myself 'dialing in' all the time with great results.  Far better than making comp changes on one of the 5D line cameras, or the 7DII I have.  Result with the full frame, or the 7D it doesn't happen, on-the-fly the way it does with the M6.  I thought when I got the M6 and used it the comp dial on top was brilliant.

It seems Canon doesn't think it's so brilliant and deep sixed it with the M6II.

In looking on the net, reading about the M6II I can't see an easy way to dial in exposure compensation.  Am I missing something?  I'd love to have the M6 except for this one thing --- right now I'm in a rural home surrounded by snow, brilliant sunshine, and I know when I shortly go for a walk as I go between trees and open fields I'll be "dialing in" constantly.  Same too in the summer with the lake, birds, open sky, dark under trees.

Any thoughts, suggestions, would be appreciated by Photo Central --- my camera store, lol, who keep tempting me with the M6II

Thanks!

Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow