Canon EOS R5 vs GFX100s

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ramzal New Member • Posts: 16
Canon EOS R5 vs GFX100s

Hey guys, not sure if this is the place to ask, but I currently have a Fujifilm GFX100s on order. For some reason, and I can't put my finger on it, the EOS R5 seems like a super compelling system to me, and I want to make sure I'm walking down the right path, as I want to pick a camera ecosystem that is right for my use cases.

I've been a long term Sony shooter, A7R2 > A9 and I recently parted with that gear after doing some searching. (I personally thing the 24-70 GM is optically awful and a very generic looking lens). I started searching Flickr for shots I found appealing, and which systems they were shot on, rather than reading the spec sheets of a body/lens. Time and time again I was always super impressed by the images put out by the GF lenses. The GFX100s seems like a perfect camera for me, as I primarily shoot landscapes, still life, and portraiture. However for some reason, the Canon EOS R5 seems like a super compelling option as well. The 85mm 1.2 DS seems like an exceptional piece of glass, as well as the 15-35.

I know this is a Canon EOS R thread, but I'm asking it here because I'm having a fairly difficult time finding landscapes shots on the R5. Also, because well. I want some Canon bias here, as I'm about to drop about 9-ish grand on an ecosystem, I want to weigh out my options. My heart tells me GFX, but my mind is telling me to do my research before I invest.

Thanks in advance everyone, I know its kind of an odd question to ask, but I value everyone's input.

Canon EOS R5 Sony a9 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow