Best old Pentax body to get in 2021?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Jhaakas
Jhaakas Senior Member • Posts: 1,174
Re: Best old Pentax body to get in 2021?

robgendreau wrote:

What do experienced Pentax shooters think might be the best older Pentax digital body to get now as a basic value? say something older than the K-3 or K-50, so fron the K-5ii and further back?

I've owned as old as a K-01, but not before that. I would think a K-30 would be maybe to of the list as the most modern, but I know from other brands that sometimes the even older CCD and <10MP cameras have their own charms. And of course one has to factor in the negatives, like maybe old card formats or batteries that are hard to find, although I don't know if that's a problem with Pentaxes.

And are the Samsung/Pentax variants any better eg than the Hoya/Pentax models?

IOW, if you were to discover a circa 2011 or older Pentax on the table at an estate sale, what model would you like to see sitting there?

Is there any particular reason you say from K5ii backwards?

-- hide signature --

-- ## Thanks!

Jhaakas's gear list:Jhaakas's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow