Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
neokind Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: Rocoh 3 new limited lenses...

Benoz wrote:

neokind wrote:

Ergo607 wrote:

neokind wrote:

Benoz wrote:

Ricoh is offering a pre-order of three new lenses.

Nice!

HD PENTAX-FA 31mmF1.8 Limited

HD PENTAX-FA 43mmF1.9 Limited

HD PENTAX-FA 77mmF1.8 Limited

“New”

The difference from the legacy lenses is in the coating and aperture blade shape, right? Are there other changes? They haven’t been redesigned and optimized for digital sensors?

Please, let it go, this is getting tiring. There is no need to redesign the optical formula. The philosophy behind the Limiteds is to allow for some optical imperfections as to have a less plastic, more vibrant pop. While there may be sharper lenses out there, none have the character of the Limiteds...

Yes, I understand the design philosophy and owned good copies of the 31 and 77. Nice lenses, that captured some memorable images for me. My questions were genuine. Was anything else changed besides the coating and the aperture blade shape? If not, they’re still great lenses. But more rereleases than ‘new.’

Aren't the coating and the aperture blade shape enough changes for the lenses to be called "new" ?

I don't own any but I might be tempted by the 77 f1.8.

I was hoping for a new 16-80 PLM or 18-135 PLM more than a prime limited.

Ben.

Not in my book.  If I repaint my house or replace the oven, it doesn’t make the house ‘new.’  ‘Updated,’ perhaps.  ‘Remodeled’ would be a massive stretch.  ‘New’ is just plain false.

neokind's gear list:neokind's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow