Z6 and mb-n10 battery pack.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 5,923
Z6 and mb-n10 battery pack.

I have large hands and always found nowhere to place my little finger to be comfortable using the Z6. I was talking to a fellow Nikon user in 2019 at the Tour DE Yorkshire he had been to a Nikon course and said one of the biggest comments to Nikon UK was the size of the body, to which I agreed. When the MB-N10 was released there were many criticisms over missing features such as the controls for a vertical grip. However my sole propose in buying one, was for the comfort factor which it does deliver, a advantage of this is the ability to use slower shutter speeds with IBIS due to the firmer grip. The disadvantage is the 280g extra weight. It would be nicer if a replacement body was around 20mm deeper to avoid having to add a battery grip. As a example my old D70 is 20g heavier than a Z6 but is vey comfortable due to the extra depth, and that is from 2004, technology has moved forward but ergonomics has taken a step backwards.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
Nikon D70 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow