R5 + Ef-s Tele

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MasterWayne Forum Member • Posts: 53
R5 + Ef-s Tele

Hi all,

I'm considering to buy the R5 and one reason (over the R6) would be that it gives the possibility to use my Ef-s 55-250 IS STM with a decent ~18MP for Landscape Shots while hiking.

The main benefit compared to FF optics that I see is the weight of only 375gr while still being very sharp.

The Watzmann Hut in the Bavarian Alps. Taken on my 80D on 400mm equiv. Pano of 2 pictures and cropped, resulting in ~25MP of resolution.

Currently I'm using the tele in parallel to my 6D on either a M50 or 80D (usually I prefer the 80D due to the better ergonomics, also with gloves) but I see the chance to get rid of the secondary aps-c body.

What do you think? Does it make sense to invest that much money in the body but then going with a "cheapo" lens (That I actually love quite a bit!)?

MasterWayne's gear list:MasterWayne's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow