Azure Kingfisher with P950

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kathiemt
kathiemt Regular Member • Posts: 426
Azure Kingfisher with P950

Today I went to the Blue Lotus Water Gardens which is about an hour's drive from home. We're nearing the end of summer here in Australia. The lotus flowers and water lilies are looking amazing at these gardens - acres of lakes with plants in them, and picnic areas and other things. While we have to wear masks indoors (COVID Safe) here we can walk around outside without masks.

Some pics I got today relating to this tiny, tiny bird. I wouldn't have known where it was except that it flew over the top of me and up into the palm tree.

First pic shows a circle where the bird landed, then partly zoomed, then fully zoomed in.

Can you see it below? Hint: It's on a dead branch of a frond, to the left of the trunk.

And here it is!

Azure Kingfisher

Just to give you an idea, Wikipedia says: The azure kingfisher measures 17–19 cm (6.7–7.5 in) in length, and the male weighs 29–32 g (1.0–1.1 oz) while the female is slightly heavier at 31–35 g (1.1–1.2 oz). So it is a tiny bird.

kathiemt's gear list:kathiemt's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow