Minimalist full width AS Baseplate for XT4?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,337
Minimalist full width AS Baseplate for XT4?

Hi,

I've got an XT1.  I've just ordered an XT4.  With my XT1 I'm used to having a Fuji "small grip" permanently attached to the base to give me AS rails to match my various tripod heads. The Fuji global site doesn't show any accessories like that for the XT4.

E-bay shows lots of grips, L brackets and cages, but no AS base-plate only.  I don't want a grip - the caera comes with one.   I guess I could dismantle an L bracket or cut it down, but most of the L brackets have much thicker base-plates (to provide the attachment for the L bit).  Does anyone know of a very slim, light full width AS baseplate for the XT4 please?  (Must allow access to change battery on the tripod.)

Why don't manufacturers put AS rails on the camera's own baseplate - just on the section under the lens !!!???  It seems SO obvious!

Thx.  Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +16 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow