How Apple Pay Works Under The Hood

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lightandaprayer Senior Member • Posts: 4,090
How Apple Pay Works Under The Hood

Apple Pay is arguably the most secure way for consumers to use a credit card as of this writing. We can certainly use all the help we can get! My wife's Chase account has been compromised 3 times in the past 4 years. . .

The latest incident was last week, which I caught before Chase did thanks to transaction alerts I placed on the account. (The other times Chase notified us regarding suspicious transactions.) I immediately locked the account but due to the pandemic we had to wait until morning to call Chase because its fraud department currently isn't operating 24/7.

We have been using Apple Pay whenever possible for the past 3 months.  But there are brick and mortar and online stores where it isn't accepted.  If Chase has ever figured out how my wife's account numbers were stolen, they haven't shared the info with us.  There are so many ways to swipe the date the company may not know how it was done.

How Apple Pay works under the hood?

Interesting read that takes around 10 minutes.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow