Recommendations for Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iitsdavis Junior Member • Posts: 44
Recommendations for Camera

Hello!

I'm looking for some advice on which camera I should invest in. Ideally, I would love a mirrorless camera because of its size and weight. I'm an intermediate when it comes to photography. I've used my buddie's DSLR and ROS before, but I never gotten a setup because I always used my iphone to take pictures or used his. Now I'm considering buying my own because I work a lot on adobe programs and I need to create a portfolio for the career I'm trying to pursue. I know camera setups can be costly, therefore, I really want to only buy a set up that can last me for a long time like 8+ years. So, I'm willing to spend a bit to get what I need. With that being said, I would like my body to be lower or around 2000.

When it comes to a camera, my primary focus is photography; however, I want to do a little recordings here and there as a hobby. I want to take pictures of buildings and landscapes, nature like the sky, stars and sunset, portraits, and pictures during the night with very minimal light. I want a camera that produces great color and has great image quality and can capture something moving like a car.

I was looking at a Fuji XT-4, but I feel the XT-4 appeals more to videography than the photography side. I was also looking at a Sony A7III because of the picture quality and the low light capability, but I hear it has overheating problems and I don't know. I'm just on edge committing to Sony. I really don't know much about them. The third option I was looking at were the Canon R series, but I hear they also have overheating problems, weird noises when focusing and the lenses are crazy expensive. I do hear good things about the new Sony A7IV that's suppose to release, should I wait for that? I'm leaning towards the Fuji XT3/4, but I don't think it meets my needs as a photographer.

I would really appreciate some opinions or guidance. The more I research online, the more indecisive I get.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow