Viltrox Adapter/Sigma 100-400C/EOS RP

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Seyah New Member • Posts: 7
Viltrox Adapter/Sigma 100-400C/EOS RP

Good afternoon -

I have the EOS RP with the kit lens (24-105 f4-7.1).  I recently got the Sigma 100-400mm Contemporary to get some additional reach. Since the Canon adapter is sold out everywhere, I decided to pick up the Viltrox.  This is the non-control ring version, as I plan to get the Canon version when it's available.  Anyway, when I connected the lens for the first time, everything worked perfectly.  After a snapshot for testing, the aperture reading went to f00 and then it wouldn't take pictures.  I turned the camera off and on again and it started working.  I haven't had a chance to take it out in to the wild yet, but wanted to check to see if anyone else had issues with this and knew what was going on.  Is the adapter bad? Is the lens bad? I can return the lens for 120 days, so I want to make sure there are no issues.  I have a dock coming to make sure the firmware is up to date on the Sigma.

I hope I didn't ramble too much, and the point came across.  Thanks for any insight.

-B

Seyah's gear list:Seyah's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon RF 24-105mm F4.0-7.1 IS STM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow