Canon R6 / R5

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jason_RC New Member • Posts: 13
Canon R6 / R5

Hi all,

I'm looking at upgrading pretty soon from my 7D Mark II. I've been looking at the R6 alot, with the intent of purchasing it. However, over the last few days, I've been doubting myself whether it's the right choice. Mainly due to the Megapixel difference between the R5 and R6.

Coming from the 7D Mk 2, the sensor is most likely pretty similar in quality, but I've been wanting to get better quality images for my work. Which is mainly Sport, Wildlife, with the occasional dabble in whatever else I can try.

Is it worth saving for the extra R5 Megapixels, or will the R6 look alot sharper than my current 7D Mk 2. I wouldn't really be doing much 8K Video work. So I'm sorta questioning myself, if the extra money is worth it for what I'm using the camera for?

I know alot of people are probably going to say I might as well save up for the R5 as it's just better all round really. But do you guys think it's something I need to do?

I've also got a fair bit of top tier EF Glass. So hopefully the adapter works fine too!

Just after some opinions.

Cheers! Jason

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow