Experience with the PL 200mm f/2.8 on a Oly OMD camera?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WileEC_ID
WileEC_ID Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Experience with the PL 200mm f/2.8 on a Oly OMD camera?

My background is FF/DX and used to shooting with fast glass. Not finding the variety of options in MFT land, but learning as I go. I heard about this lens today and had a couple of queries, based on what I think I have learned so far.

So, new or used, this is a spendy lens, but does have IS and comes with the PL 1.4x TC. From what I have read, it sounds like PL lenses work best on Pan bodies and same for Oly lenses on Oly bodies. I have the E-M1X and the E-M1 III and wonder about . . .

1) This lens has IS but and the bodies have IBIS, but I am certain they won't sink, but am wondering if either would conflict with the other, so better to turn one or the other off.

2) This lens seems to be sold with the PL 1.4x TC. I already own the MC-14 and MC-20 - would I see a difference using the Oly TCs with this lens? Would they fit?

3) You don't know what you don't know. If I were to buy this lens, considering the cameras I have - what do you think I should know?

TIA

-- hide signature --

Please harshly criticize my images - it helps me better at this photography thingy.

WileEC_ID's gear list:WileEC_ID's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Nikon Z6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow