So hard buying a new camera from Canon,

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SMOKENMIRRORS Forum Member • Posts: 50
So hard buying a new camera from Canon,

So I'm ready to buy another camera mainly for video but still want to learn more photography. Wanting to up my youtube and video work to 4k from the 6DMK2 which does not do 4K but an awesome camera overall.

Had my heart set on the 5DMK4 but all video advice on it say it is not good due to crop and codec bla bla but an awesome photo camera. Plus everybody says old tech and mirrorless is the future.

FYI my son lives six hours away.

My son has an R and says I should get that he uses his for commercial work too in addition to his 1Dmk2, says he prefers the R due to light weight and ease of use. Also he has worked in photo video commercially for 20 years so it's easy for him on any camera lol.

So the 90d looks to fit the bill but after lots or research the "resolving" issues have kept me on the fence and some youtubers say the 4 k not too good on that one too.

The R6 looks great on paper but again lots of complaints about it on youtube not being easy to switch from video to photo on the fly very easily and all auto not enough user input allowed, along with lots of good reviews too.

Mostly it seems everybody recommends other brands for video but I did what everybody recommended and bought some high dollar Canon glass when I started a couple years ago so have several L lenses and others.

So can someone help please with recommendations.

I just want to upgrade to a Canon Camera that does good easy to edit 4k and preferably better sensor for photos. Was ready and am ready to buy since Christmas lol but just can't make up my mind from these cameras mentioned and don't see any other canon body that fits my wants.

Will also add that the R6 price is the top end of my budget for a camera.

Thanks in advance

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow