Nikon D7500 = Sony / Canon ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,259
Nikon D7500 = Sony / Canon ?

I was hoping maybe there was someone out there that had perhaps a Sony a6000-series camera and a D7500 or even a D7200 that could comment on where the D7500 would fall (roughly in terms of AF performance) in the Sony line-up.

I'm trying to find a good camera that decent for beginner wildlife but also that has a silent shutter function that I can use for urbex and street photography. I like the D7500's performance (from when I tested one) but since it's a DSLR, there's no silent shutter unless you start using LV (which is not always feasible for me).

(I'm also looking for something cheaper, say $1000 or less, as some of the places I am in, there is a higher risk of theft or damage, so I'd like a cheaper camera for those times.)

EDIT: I'm seeing the a6300 and a6400 as possibly being similar to the D7500... ?  Not sure on the Canon mirrorless side (under $1000).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +14 more
Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow