Why Am I Having Such A Hard Time Understanding How To Use My Camera To It's Full Potential?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rpszone Regular Member • Posts: 229
Why Am I Having Such A Hard Time Understanding How To Use My Camera To It's Full Potential?

Ever sense I was dropped on my head as a child and the fact that I went to a party high school for 5 years in the 60's, I realize I am not the sharpest tack in the box.

Modern digital cameras have so many cool features, as does the editing software (I do not like post processing, vertigo). When I start reading the manual, in short time I get overwhelmed, dazed and confused (and yes I am also 66 years old).

I would be very happy to go back to a all manual focusing camera but unfortunately Pandora's Box has been opened.

The basics are not hard to follow but using the expanded features of a modern digital camera is difficult for me.

I have tried cheat sheets, voice activated PDF manual search on tablet, cut and paste into my own cheat sheet for features I want to use.

The camera's have many features I would like to use (not toy effect).

If I could use voice commands I might ask for something like "birds in flight", "bird on a branch, defocus background, spot focus and exposure", "flower, defocus background, 3 inch depth of field, vivid".

One day we will get a camera shell, mount and plug our phone into it and use the processing power and apps on the phone.

If I knew which settings to use I might be able to assign a custom memory, but setting up parameters for each memory slot is where the problem lies?

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow