I Want an Update to the A6600!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Lemi Regular Member • Posts: 313
Re: I Want an Update to the A6600!

zackiedawg wrote:

vett93 wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

So if they want to somehow improve the focus even more, improve the IBIS, improve the high ISO, improve the sensor resolution without harming other IQ, improve the EVF or LCD, but make it an evolution of the same design, I'd be all for it. Until then, since the A6600 is only a bit over a year old, and is at the top of the APS-C heap already, I want for nothing.

What do you think of an additional dial for the camera? Wouldn't that be handy?

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but honestly for my shooting, I don't need it. I'm most often shooting in priority modes and set to MR settings that I've set up custom for my needs, and only need control over either shutter or aperture in priority mode and adjusting EV as needed. With the top and back dial, I have all I need.

I find having MR modes on a main dial and easily changeable, and extensive customization to be much more important.

I completely agree with you, Justin. You read my mind. I have the same hobby as Justin - wildlife and birds-in-flight photography, so that’s why it doesn’t matter to me having the front dial but I’d appreciate to have at least one more Custom Setting on the dial. But if eventually in the future Sony add the front dial - I wouldn’t mind.

Lemi's gear list:Lemi's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow