Advice on a lens or two, please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
InkedMarie
InkedMarie Senior Member • Posts: 1,336
Advice on a lens or two, please

I have the Olympus OM- D E M10ii with Olympus 40-150 f/ 4.5-6 and Panasonic 12-60 f/ 3.5-5.6. No complaints about either lens; I’m having as much fun as one can have in cold, snowy weather lol.

I’m very used to bridge cameras with long reach and I’m not sure the 150mm will cut it as I start taking more outside pictures. Outside, I take pictures of wildlife, my dogs at the far end of the yard, some landscapes. I’ve taken a few bird pictures but from inside the house...as soon i I try to venture out, off they go!

I would like a (probably prime) lens that is bright as I’d like better pictures in low light. I take pictures of my grandkids, the dogs and music shows. We have friends that play both outside and inside where it’s dark.

I don’t want anything super heavy; handheld is all I do. I’d be buying used from KEH or B&H or a refurb, if that matters. I’m definitely not a pro, I take pictures for my own enjoyment that I share with friends and family on Facebook.

Please give me some suggestions to look at. Thanks!

Marie

InkedMarie's gear list:InkedMarie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow