A few RX10iv questions.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwBobby458 Regular Member • Posts: 391
A few RX10iv questions.

Hi there, I have a few questions regarding the RX10iv that I would like to pick up on your views about.

1. I enjoy taking pictures of butterflies, bees, dragonflies and other small insects but would like to improve on the pictures taken before with my FZ200. Forum members have posted amazing macro style shots taken with the RX10iv. Sadly the Polaroid 250D seems to be very hard to find. So I wonder what you might recommend instead.

2. Is there a shoulder sling/ belt pouch/wrist attachment rather than a strap that would allow for comfortable carrying in all weather conditions but allow quick deployment for taking a picture?

3. My FZ200 has allowed me to take pictures through glass as a setting in the scene selections menu. How do you manage this with the RX10iv?

4. I am not sure I understand exposure compensation properly. Members posting the better bird in flight images seem to have an exposure setting of -0.3, is this an underexposed or over exposed image to show detail against a bright background often just sky?

5. A perennial question. Should I stick with superfine JPEG or shoot JPEG + RAW. If RAW, then should I stick with Capture One (free)? I would rather get the image as close to right at the point of pressing the shutter button and keep post processing to a minimum.

Thank you for reading, and stay safe and well. John

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow