* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #670 on 2021 02 24 *

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 2,369
Re: Eilean Donan

Yes we are all eager to get out a bit ... and see something different

It's a nice angle and composition, you have there. Somewhere I have not yet been and would like to explore

RoelHendrickx wrote:

The current pandemic and the restrictions it brings, starts to make us ache for travel.

We like our short trips and weekends in our own country, but the world at large is waiting for us to explore it further.

Last weekend, we had a conversation with friends about our bi-yearly tradition of a trip to Scotland. Normally, we would be preparing around now for a 2021 trip.

Sigh.

To further increase nostalgia and "Fernweh", here is an image from the 2019 trip.

One of our roadside stops was a picnic in the area of Eilean Donan Castle.

This castle on its little island, linked to the coast with a bridge, is one of the most iconic and thus most photographed landmarks of Scotland. Photographers often make it look lonely and isolated, carefully avoiding to include the town, the large parking lot and the big main road that is really very close to it.

I hunted for another angle, from the opposite side of the one most used.

(Image made with my previous phone)

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow