Using the Polemaster with the Fornax Lightrack II

Started Dec 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
starman1969
starman1969 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,422
Re: USB cable orientation?

I bought the Polemaster for my Astrotrac back in 2017 but I really struggled to set it up and eventually sold it lock stock with my Astrotrac and telescope.

It was during rotating the polar arm where it all went wrong for me. As soon as I moved anything, the cross hairs went all over the place and I just could not get them to go in the green box. Maybe it was the flexure in the geared head I was using that was causing all the problems. I did eventually purchase the Astrotrac TW3100 wedge (see image), but my goodness that contraption was difficult to use. Although the wedge was more solid than the geared tripod head I used before, it was far too complex to get precise alignment using it compared with the simple two knobs adjustment on the geared head. I get the feeling that if I used the Polemaster today with my NEQ6 I think I could make it work.

-- hide signature --

Steve

starman1969's gear list:starman1969's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow