dynamic AF vs Wide Area Subject Tracking

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Boudewijn van der Drift Regular Member • Posts: 450
dynamic AF vs Wide Area Subject Tracking

I use subject tracking alot, and appreciate it. Especially with the 70-200, using the front lens button to "stick" the square on the subject. And it is easy to switch between Pinpoint AF, eye AF and tracking with the frontwheel while looking into the EVF. With dynamic AF you also need to check whether you are in AF-C or AF-S.

I see in Ricci's AF video at 12' how dynamic AF technically works. Great because the other sources I found do not explain much more than that it exists and where you could use it. And there is lots of overlap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWIoYOv9kRg

I never used it except for abit of testing. Does it use less CPU because I do more of the tracking work and is the AF therefore quicker?

I have Z's but is a Z *II then much better in subject tracking? Not that I am complaining.

And above all, am I missing out on not using dynamic AF? There is plenty in the menu's that I do not use anyway (yet?).

Boudewijn van der Drift's gear list:Boudewijn van der Drift's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow