How do you test the AF of GH5 in video?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 5,422
How do you test the AF of GH5 in video?

I shoot video with manual focus all the time. But I want to test the capacity and limit of the auto focus of the camera in 4K video.

I want to see how responsive is the camera in capture a subject and tracking it going left and right and going near and away from the camera.

What kind of setting would you set in the camera to test this? I will be not be having the luxury of having someone to push any button for me. I will need to set up the camera and push the button when I am behind the camera and then walk to the front to be subject.

There seems to be 3 areas I need to manipulate:

1. The Aff/AfS, Afc, MF lever.

2. The focus method: Face, tracking, 225, 225-Custom, 1-Area, Pinpoint

3. Continuous Focus setting on or off

4. Lens switch AF

If I miss any, please point it out.

How would you adjust those so I can test?

And how would you set it if the subject is already in front of the camera so I don't have to worry about pressing the button and walk to the front?

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow