Macro Photography and the EM1 mark 2 / 60mm macro combo

Started Nov 21, 2019 | Discussions thread
oneofone25
OP oneofone25 Senior Member • Posts: 1,023
Re: Don't give your $$$ secrets away!

Sheeno wrote:

I'd totally understand if you wanted to guard some of your secrets, especially when you've already graciously given away so many! But any guidance that you do give is always heeded and greatly appreciated

Thanks to you I've been playing around with a Raynox 250, 26mm of Pixco extensions tubes and a Godox 170 LED using my live pet subjects, and it's been a blast! I've also just discovered that the MC-20 TC doesn't change the focus distance at all, unlike the tubes and the diopter, which now makes it my dream purchase - I don't think I could realistically get any closer to my models without p*ssing them off:

The above is quite rough-and-ready, only 10 exposures SOOC, stacked in-camera. I'm lucky that many terrestrial tarantulas are so docile and motionless, especially when in pre-moult as this one looks to be, which only makes me all the more amazed at your photos of live subjects such as your jumping spider, the hornet and the carpenter ant. I tried taking photos of some of my pet hissing cockroaches and it was substantially more difficult.

Can I ask if you shoot in JPEG, RAW, or output in both? And if you use JPEG, is it the SF option? I ask because I wonder if this could affect the speed at which the exposurres are taken, which may facilitate taking photos of live subjects.

Thank you!

Just now saw this.  I always use JPEG SF option.  Don't need Raw as I like the Olympus JPEGS - also, stacking raw is a pain

oneofone25's gear list:oneofone25's gear list
Sony a6000 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tcd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow