6DMkII vs 5DMkIII For A New Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ryan Pfannkuch New Member • Posts: 13
6DMkII vs 5DMkIII For A New Camera

After countless videos and debating and using the 6DMkII and the 5DMkIII personally, I want to know what you guys think, I want to upgrade from my Canon T6 (it has been holding me back substantially and I will thoroughly benefit from the upgrade) I do understand people say lenses make all the difference and I agree but after using a beginner camera for the past 2-3 years and having people who want me shooting there expensive cars it just doesn't make sense.

ANYWAYS, I saw a comparison saying the 6DMkII was the better camera, it has a articulating touchscreen (not a big deal for me at all, I don't care if I have to crouch and get low or if I have to lay down.) I personally used the 6DMkII and the 5DMkIII and found that the 5D had better photos with my 85mm f1.8 and a circular polarizer and even with my 50mm f1.8 with a circular polarizer. I also think the joystick controller is nice, it also just looks more "professional" then the 6D. The 6D does have more megapixels but its weird, you get a different look from the 5D then the 6D that I just can't describe. The 5D just looks better regarding cars. I'm also planning on shooting landscapes and milky way shots and have no idea how either of them turn out, if anyone has had experience with them it would be greatly appreciated. Video also isn't that big of a point for me. I realize the 6d is literally an 80d with a full frame sensor. The 6d just looks like it's cheaper (obviously) and it just doesn't have a lot going for it.

What are your personal preferences of the cameras? I'm wanting either of the two, or spending a little more and buying a 5DMkIV off of eBay (sketchy)

APS-C cameras are out of the option.

Ryan Pfannkuch's gear list:Ryan Pfannkuch's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow