***Mini Challenge 618 Results*** Honourable mentions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 7,725
***Mini Challenge 618 Results*** Honourable mentions

It was inevitable that a lot of good submission would come in to a challenge with this subject, and they did, but we'll get to them later. One submission stuck out like a sore thumb, however, and I had not choice but to award one of our much coveted Dishonourable mentions to RJake1 who treated us to this...

Had the challenge been entitled Deserted This excellently composed image would have been in the running for 1st place, but Peaceful? I loved it.

HMs from the exhibits.

Here are a bunch of special mentions from among the submitted exhibits, purely in alphabetical order of contributor...

!0sTroy's dogs akimbo

Bill Borne's view from a hotel window

Bill Borne again, ancient stones, brick paviours and light from a doorway to contrast the beautiful, cool, old building with the beating sun outside.

Gregg's reflected pines. I judged this to be the best submission of all.

Dak's cats - it looks peaceful, but you just know the next move will be for the tabby to bury his teeth in the black cat's neck.

DarkPassenger's hamlet by the lake. Gorgeous shot.

dtop's fishing port - this is the challenge fully realised.

Harvey's view of sunset on the sea at Pacific Palisades.

Jerry045's driftwood on a beach was very striking. Probably a bit stark for the epithet 'peaceful', but who cares? I love it.

KBTinto is really good at distant views.

Mike Geier's grandchildren in a flower meadow. The annoyance is that they grow up and these days, that ought to go on for ever, are just memories.

Mina J's grandson was born with a huge grin on his face and it doesn't even go away when he sleeps.

Was this Phil or was it Karen? It is lovely.

We ought to have a prize for the first member to find a bad photo from Val Bueno. This one is perfection.

vitalisvitaalis sent me this. Wonderful.

A couple of HM's from among the entries

Ab S sent a cat. I think this is great

Bill Borne's yard rolls away into the trees. Don't know if he took it from a rocking chair on a porch, but that's what it said to me.

The places.

I'm not usually so resolute and tend to share places between several posters, but I had no troubles this time...

Jerry045's windmills takes third.

Snappydens's bridge places second

But I spotted the winner when it arrived and simply cannot get past it...

JerryR's image of girlfriends picnicking in a park in Prague is my winner. It's filled with detail - look at the tiny puppy held by the standing girl, it's peering down at the Jack Russell and it's nervous. The standing girl in the foreground just asked if anyone wants wine to go with the pizza's and to top the scene off, they are lovely young women. Look at the very high heeled shoes and the pair of glasses on the ground at the right and look at the tramp in the middle distance. Just a lovely moment in time.

Go JerryR. You get to pick up challenge 619. Thank you for your great shot.

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow