Haida M10 Square filter holder system... thoughts?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,323
Haida M10 Square filter holder system... thoughts?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Haida M10 filter system and wanted some second opinions, particularly as to the quality of the filters...

Normally I would get screw-in filters (and already have some, but they provide a color cast on many of my images so I'm not exactly happy with them).

The thing that drew me to the Haida is that people have claimed little to no color cast and that I can use a square ND filter and their drop-in circular polarizing filter so I can get the best of both worlds (say with a waterfall, I can reduce glare but also get the silky smooth water). This obviously can be done with circular filters but I'm sort of against stack circular filters.

Thoughts?

(While I love my B+W Circular polarizing filters; I feel the ND filters I have from them--which are screw in-- have a brown color cast to them so I don't use them as much.... and am looking for something else.  a slight color cast I can deal with and lately I've been shooting with an X-Rite passport color checking when possible, for accurate color--at least to start with in post).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +13 more
Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow