Basic Yosemite Plan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 414
Basic Yosemite Plan

Hi All,

It is quite possible that this topic is covered elsewhere, but I can’t find it. If so, if someone could direct me to that information, I’ll go read there. Thank you.

We are considering going on a Natural Habitat Adventure tour to Yosemite on August 29th. My husband and I are flatlanders from the shores of Virginia, and therefore slightly concerned about keeping up on the hikes so I need to travel light, but hope to get some good shots. There will also be plenty of stops on drives over passes, etc. with apparently great photo opportunities.

I’ve got a Canon Rebel with an excellent array of good lenses but will leave it home due to weight concerns. I will bring a Sony RX 10 M4, and a Sony RX 100 M6. The plan is to not take a tripod as it would be added weight. (I’m 5’2”, 107 pounds and over 60.)

First Question:

Will my plan to take the smaller camera on hikes and use the larger camera on drives work well In Yosemite? The M6 has a 200 mm zoom and M4 a 600 mm zoom. They both go wide to 24 mm.

Second question:

Would you care to offer tips on photography in Yosemite?

Thank you very much for your advice. Over the years, this forum has been a great help.

Mary

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow