Ricoh GR III - what are those lines/stripes when developing black and white from RAW?

Started Feb 23, 2021 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
marlotrot
marlotrot New Member • Posts: 21
Ricoh GR III - what are those lines/stripes when developing black and white from RAW?

Hello all,

I just received a brand new Ricoh GR III and whilst playing around with it I realized, that sometimes I can see a couple of horizontal lines/stripes (parallel, starting and ending somewhere in between the image on the left-hand side) when going creative with the sliders in Lightroom.

Depending on the background, I cannot see those in all of my images but sometimes it happens (usually in black and white and between ISO 100 ... 400). If I stop down to f16 and do a sensor dust test on a white desk (swiping the camera slightly) I can reproduce it always.

I need your advice if one of you has seen this before (with a Ricoh or another camera). The camera is brand-new (so I could return it in case this is a potential sensor error).

I have attached an Image with the LR settings which will in a lot of situations result in those stripes being visible.

Vertical shot with 1:1 Instagram-like aspect ratio:

A horizontal shot with the spot removal tool, "visualize spots" maxed-out to show the location of the stripes on the sensor a bit better:

Does anyone have an idea?
Maybe I just have to change a Ricoh-specific setting here?

Many thanks in advance :).

marlotrot's gear list:marlotrot's gear list
Ricoh GR III Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM
ANSWER:
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow