Brand new Fuji XT-3 broken?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tseihou New Member • Posts: 2
Brand new Fuji XT-3 broken?

Hi Everybody!

So I bought a new Fuji XT-3 and paired it with Fujinon XC 35mm f2. Put the camera on (shooting 1080p video), and after a few seconds the screen starts flashing white and purple pixel mush. In other words the image is completely dead. Other times the lcd turns black (it's still "On", just can't see anything), and when that happens, the camera stops responding to commands altogether, so can't access menu, can't even turn the damn thing off anymore, except by taking out the battery I suppose.

I'm assuming this has to do with the body, because it's the same thing even when I take off the lens. And it's probably not just the lcd either, because I recorded a little and it looks the same on my computer as on the lcd.

Anybody knows what's going on? Have they sold me a broken one, or can this be fixed somehow? I tried googling but couldn't find anyone with same issues. Really a bummer if this has to be sent to repair, first of all I just got it lol, plus I have some work scheduled soon where I need a camera. Can't just return it to the shop either, cause I bought it over two weeks ago, even though I tested it first time today.

Really, really unfortunate. Please help me if you have any ideas!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow