OM-D (Olympus) : If I had one wish.....!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
sbu Regular Member • Posts: 376
Re: OM-D (Olympus) : If I had one wish.....!

ikolbyi wrote:

AlmostDoctor wrote:

ikolbyi wrote:

Olympus, please improve your EM1 cameras to a point we can achieve professional photographs shooting ice hockey.

I have tried, and keep trying to improve my images with the OM-D EM1.M3, but if I enter an ice rink with non LED lighting then I don't stand a chance. My Canon 5D.M4 is still king in this area and I would really like to retire it and work with one system. The image quality does improve in rinks with LED lighting but most have not upgraded.

Both images below are shot through glass and the rinks did not have LED (modern) lighting - for comparison. Please do not make this a m4/3 vs FF, I already understand the technology differences. This is a personal ask of OM-D Solutions (Olympus) to improve their system to a level that addresses this situation. This matters when I make 8x10 or larger prints.

Olympus EM1.M3

Canon 5D.M4 (for comparison)

Have you tried DxO PL4 with deep prime noise reduction and lens sharpening?

Give if a shot if you have not.

I am aware of the tool but do not use it, because when one has 500+ photos in a single shoot/game, I don't have that kind of time to spend on each individual photo. I will shoot 2-3 games a weekend.

You don't need to spend time on each individual photo. You can batch process them and you will get a better result than your current straight out of camera JPGs with almost no effort.

sbu's gear list:sbu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow