the camera that made me hate Nikon Locked

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
This thread is locked.
photonut2008
photonut2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,969
Re: the camera that made me hate Nikon

cruffatin wrote:

It failed on me (shutter broke) even though its serial number was not included in the recalls. Luckily it failed just before the warranty expired so I was able to have the shutter replaced.

Okay, so the problem was resolved then.

Now it's showing oil spots on the sensor again.

I've had this problem on my Sony A850 (big time), it cropped up on my D800 and in both instances it required a trip back to the company to get the sensor adequately cleaned. Now I'm looking at the same for my D500. This is just something that needs to be occasionally dealt with by technicians because (at least my experience is) it isn't always possible to get it done yourself.

This is not a camera that I can trust to take anywhere and I certainly wouldn't buy this used.

Fair enough and I can relate. Nonetheless, I wouldn't extrapolate that to all of Nikon's cameras and it appears you have only had one Nikon camera that has been so disappointing to you.

And due to how the company dealt with the issue, I don't plan on ever buying another Nikon product either.

Ah yes, the true importance of customer relations. I agree with you, this is critical and Nikon is just plain bad at it (both for the individual user and for the collective user base).

-- hide signature --

DPR, where gear is king and photography merely a jester

photonut2008's gear list:photonut2008's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow