What lens would you add next for a Z7II for Utah trip?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
EricTheAstroJunkie Contributing Member • Posts: 815
Re: Wide angle, large aperture prime for stars and night landscapes?

vbuhay wrote:

vbuhay wrote:

Paddler213 wrote:

jfriend00 wrote:

Now I'm wondering if I should rent a wide angle, large aperture prime for night landscape/star shots? I do have the 15-30 f/2.8 and that's one place where the 2.8 could be useful. I wonder if renting the 24 f/1.8 or 35 f/1.8 would prove useful at night for star shots?

Given our itinerary, night shots would probably mostly be at Arches National Park or other locations out of Moab.

If you hike up to Delicate Arch for night shots, be sure to take a good headlamp, maybe download the All Trails app. The trail isn't well marked, easy to get off trail and cliff out.

I took my D800e + 14-24 (night = Milkyway) 70-200 VRII + Tripod, I suggest a big battery operated Lamp for Light painting at night + Wireless shutter release + Dress Warmly with good insulated boots and a walking stick with extra batteries for camera and a good headlamp....Granola bars and water....

Light painting is no longer allowed in Arches (among other parks as well) so please don't do it, for those of us that prefer naturally light nightscapes.

EricTheAstroJunkie's gear list:EricTheAstroJunkie's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon D5300 Sony a7S +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow