Upgrade path from Nikon D600 + 24-70mm

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HenrikHDK New Member • Posts: 1
Upgrade path from Nikon D600 + 24-70mm

Hi,

I currently have a D600 and 24-70 F2,8 lens I purchased together almost 8 years ago when the D600 had just come out. It has served me well over the years and I primarily use it for landscape photos, vacation snapshots etc. I also dabble in HDR stuff and normally use the bracketing settings of 3 shots at -2, 0 and +2 exposure which I then merge/postprocess for the final result.

I am on the fence about the "best" upgrade path from here, since I want to upgrade to something whhich has better autofocus in dark situations as well as something that will allow me better / more dynamic range when doing bracketing. The Nikon D780 seems the obvious path, but it won't give me more pixels and only seems a major improvement on the autofocus part. A D850 will be major upgrade on almost all fronts, but it's a bigger, heavier camera and relatively expensive.

I've heard many good things about the Sony A7R models, and from reading the specs on the new A7R IV model outperforms the D850 in most areas, while being much lighter and costing almost the same.

Going for the Sony means that I have to replace my lenses as well or get an adaptor, which I've heard mixed things about.

What would you recommend and/or which path did you go ?

Thanks in advance.

/Henrik

HenrikHDK's gear list:HenrikHDK's gear list
Nikon D850
Nikon D600 Nikon D850 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow