Looking at recommended 35mm lenses for a7C

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Devouredsouls123 Regular Member • Posts: 172
Looking at recommended 35mm lenses for a7C

So I decided on purchasing a Sony A7C kit with the compact kit zoom. It got really good reviews and its small for travel. I was original set on building a Sigma DG DN kit with my first lens being the Sigma 35mm 1.2, but the size of it has me a bit iffy on such a small camera. I would have much preferred they kept it at 1.4 as thats the 35mm i'm most familiar with (I had the sigma art and the canon 1.4L II). But now since i'm back in the game i'm looking at building a new kit. I've been bouncing around with what I wanna do. I'm no styranger to big lenses and prefer them in most cases.

Sigma 35mm 1.2: 1500 (anything else is gray market or else id buy one for 1220 and save some $$)

Rokinon 35mm 1.4: 500 (maybe less used) (found one for 400, if i went this route I'd get their 85mm 1.4 as well)

Sony 35mm 1.8: 600ish

If i go with the cheaper lenses I could add other lenses to the new kit as well.

before this I had multiple canon bodies and lenses. t1i, t2i, 60d, 5d II, 6D. And the lenses I had were the 70-200 2.8L II, 35mm 1.4 L II, Sigma 85mm Art, 24-105L, 16-35,, 2.8L III. I'm focusing on the 35mm because its my most used focal length.

I've heard the Sigma art with e mount conversions arent the greatest performers either. I originally was gonna get the sigma art 35mm 1.4 and the 85mm 1.4 in e mount. But the release of the new mirrorless lenses from multiple manufacturers has me a bit conflicted. My budget for a camera and lenses is about 3.5-4k. the 35 1.2 and the camera are about 3.6k with taxes.

Devouredsouls123's gear list:Devouredsouls123's gear list
Sony a7C Sony FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow