Very large format photo printer (24" or larger), or service bureau?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nickbatz Junior Member • Posts: 33
Very large format photo printer (24" or larger), or service bureau?

Hi, I'd like to make poster-size prints of some images on either fine art paper or canvas. They come out great on my Canon Pixma Pro-100, but it's 13x 19.

My question is whether I'd be jumping into a money pit if I bought a used printer, assuming I do the research and find the right model/condition/price? Will I rue the day I didn't just go to a professional printer and have them do it?

Or will it be cheaper and more satisfying in the long run, assuming I make... I dunno, a couple of large prints per month? If so, what should I look for?

By the way, I'm very happy with the Pro-100 prints on Canon Premium Art Smooth paper, and I use large canary (CHEAP) generic ink cartridges. What I do is "photo art" rather than photographs for the most part - Modern abstract art, for lack of a better description - so perfect color accuracy is somewhat less important than having a printer that isn't expensive and frustrating to maintain in working order.

Thanks!

Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow