re-igniting a hobby

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
typicalpixel New Member • Posts: 1
re-igniting a hobby

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to get back into Photography after taking a long time out to focus on work and other life things.  I'm currently borrowing a Canon 77D from a friend of mine and he's given me two lenses to play with: 24-70mm and 70-300mm prime.  Lenses are about 6 years old he says.  He's a Canon enthusiast so anything non-Canon is like the devil to him which is why I'm here to get ideas and other opinions.

My interest is in landscape, lowlight and urban photography.  I'd like to try Macro at some point.  Where I live we have some fantastic scenary along side some underground bunkers from WWII and some work being undertaken by local groups to restore and un earth lots more once our lockdown ends.  I plan to volunteer for those groups and hopefully get the opportunity to make use of the camera even more to document these excavations.

I was hoping to get some guidance as I've been out of touch for a long time and there's a huge amount of choice and technology in the market it seems.

I really liked the look of the Fuji XT-4 (Silver) which seems to get good reviews from both magazines and online sources.  I also have the option of buying the 77D and lenses off my friend for the similar price of the XT-4 but dont really see myself using the 70-300 too much.  Although Im not convinced on the 77D as yet particularly for what I want to get out of it.  But it could also be me so i shouldnt blame the tools!

But I was hoping you kind folks would be able to guide me a little bit.  I have around £2000 to spend as the total limit which I apprciate may pigeonhole me somewhat.

Appreciate the help anyone is kind enough to offer me.  Stay safe and thanks for taking the time to read my plea for help.

Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow